Created: Fri 2018-01-05
sat jan 6
- Not really what I *learned*, but...
- Joe is my brother and mentor. Thankful to his words.
- Downloaded papers by R Collobert, who created the NLP toolkit SENNA.
- Realized deadline for version 1 is tomorrow, not the day after tomorrow.
- One more thought, I should spend more time on “outputting” stuff, instead of just taking in information. Taking in information could easily turn into constructive procrastination.
fri jan 5
- Have been reading Augenstein et al 2015 for a while. Which raises more questions than answers it gives. To a beginner like me, the overall effectiveness of NER is still quite disappointing.
- Papers is not a perfect app to read papers. When you true to search in the notes you made on a paper, as you type a letter, the input focus is gone. You have to click back into the search box to type one more letter. And so on. And why the hell can't I make a text note upon a highlighted text, like every other PDF app does?
- As a “constructive procrastination”, I finished Unit 6 in Colloquial Swedish.
- Also started reading “Deep Learning: A Critical Appraisal” as a constructive procrastination. It by no means says deep learning is just shit. It just says “it is not the best kind of chocolate ice cream.”
thu jan 4
- Tried to study a few hours in the afternoon, didn't manage so many pages in the papers.
- Learned something about limits on Brilliant.org.